What is Life Process Transformation?
Life Process Transformation™ is a gentle approach to healing and personal growth. It guides you back to the basics of what it means to be fully human, while empowering you to be all you can be.
In one sense, Life Process Transformation is philosophical, because it asks you to explore fundamental beliefs about who you are and what life means to you. At the same time, it is practical: through self exploration and the awareness that comes with it, you connect with your own way of helping and healing yourself.
What is Life Process Transformation Therapy?
Life Process Transformation Therapy or LPT Therapy is a psychotherapeutic approach that has at its core the principles of Life Process Transformation.
Who is Viola Fodor?
Viola Fodor was a psychotherapist, educator, author, and guide who created Life Process Transformation over 30 years ago. A certified member of the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists, and Psychotherapists (OACCPP), she worked with people who struggled with eating disorders, depression, anxiety disorders, burnout, grief and loss, addiction, and other concerns. She worked closely with families who felt challenged to cope with the mental health issues of loved ones.
What are the benefits of Life Process Transformation?
Life Process Transformation brings many enduring benefits, enriching your health, relationships, and career, as well as enhancing your personal and spiritual growth. You discover:
- Deep inside, you possess an unshakable core of goodness and value that is always available to you.
- Your greatest lessons are right before you—in your everyday life.
- Each and every one of your life experiences and challenges can be used as an opportunity for learning and growth.
- Daily commitment to the simple practice of Quiet Time can free your innate ability to help and heal yourself, while revealing your true life’s purpose.
- Peace of mind, joy, inspired creativity, inner strength, and personal fulfillment are your birthrights.
- You can relax deeply, releasing built-up tension at will.
- You can work through your feelings, healing yourself emotionally.
- You can experience a profound and vital sense of connection to the web of life.
- When it comes to your life, no one is wiser than you. You are your greatest teacher.
How do I know Life Process Transformation is for me?
Life Process Transformation has helped people with a range of concerns, including those who are:
- Searching for meaning and purpose
- Yearning to experience peace of mind
- Struggling with mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety
- Feeling overwhelmed by life circumstances
- Wanting to bring a greater healing presence to their work with clients or patients
- Wanting to problem solve more effectively
- Interestingly, while people are drawn to Life Process Transformation for different reasons, the inner work remains the same for everyone. So, regardless of where you are now, you, too, can wake up to your true self and step into all you can be. When that happens, the rest unfolds naturally.
How long does Life Process Transformation take?
Life Process Transformation includes 16 modules and includes a workbook or study guide. You will be guided through the teachings at your pace and in a way that can work for you.
How is Life Process Transformation Therapy different from other forms of therapy?
Life Process Transformation Therapy, or LPT Therapy, is unlike anything you’ve experienced. You won’t be asked to set goals, problem solve, or use your willpower. Nor will you be using positive thinking, visualizations, daily readings, or relaxation techniques. There are no props, techniques, or complicated ‘systems.’
Instead, you are guided through a process of self discovery that is direct and experiential, allowing you to tap into a deeper realm of your being without anything getting in the way. It is an enlightening path to be on, one that starts from wherever you are now and evolves from there.
What are the program options?
You can access Life Process Transformation through a range of options:
- Small groups meet once a week for about four months in an atmosphere of positive sharing, support, and confidentiality. There is individualized follow-up.
- One-on-one sessions in person are scheduled weekly for four to six months, with each session lasting 1 to 1½ hours.
- One-on-one sessions by telephone, Zoom, or Skype can also be arranged, regardless of where you live. However, it’s helpful to meet in person before we transition to telephone.
- On-going study groups and peer support groups are offered to provide further opportunities to participate in personal growth and explore social responsibility.
Workshops and presentations on wellness, mental health issues, personal transformation, spirituality, and social consciousness are available for special events and conferences.
I am a health care professional.
How can Life Process Transformation help me?
Many healing professionals are drawn to the ideas embodied by Life Process Transformation because they want to find new transformational practices for working with clients and patients. As they go through the Process, however, they quickly discover it has the power to change not only how they work, but also how they live.
That is because Life Process Transformation always begins with your self. You discover that the more you participate in your own inner work, the more you cultivate presence, intuition, insight, compassion, and resiliency in all that you do.
Many professionals also find they are drawn to seek out collaboration with other like-minded colleagues. It is as though, having connected to the power of their inner self, they recognize the great potential that arises from unifying around a shared vision of transformation—both for one’s own life and for our world. For some the shift is so profound, they seek to become a Life Process Transformation therapist or educator themselves.
How do I become an LPT Facilitator or Guide?
It starts with incorporating Life Process Transformation into your own life, and then, from there, evolving your practice.