Does this sound familiar?
- "I'm at the end of my rope."
- "I've tried everything. I'm giving up."
- "I've run out of options."
- "I don't know where to turn next."
- "I'm damaged goods."
It's never as bad as you think
So many people come to Life Process Transformation™ Therapy, or LPT Therapy, after years, and sometimes decades of struggling with an eating disorder, depression, debilitating anxiety, unresolved grief, abusive relationships, burnout, or substance abuse and addiction. Although they have ‘tried everything’ to fix or get rid of their problems, they feel stuck in helplessness and hopelessness.
It’s so sad that we can get to the point that our problems seem bigger than us, as though a light has gone out inside. You may even feel an overwhelming sense of emptiness and unworthiness, as though something is seriously wrong deep within, or that somehow you are 'damaged goods.'
Losing Our Way
LPT Therapy is a form of psychotherapy that incorporates the principles of Life Process Transformation. Guided by a psychotherapist who has been trained in LPT, you will be guided through a gentle, uncomplicated, and authentic process that nurtures healing and personal growth.
At the heart of LPT Therapy is the belief that each of us possesses an inner core of goodness, wisdom, and strength. When we honor that inner core—what some might call, our ‘spiritual self’—we stay on track. When we lose that connection to our inner core, signs and symptoms appear, telling us we’re off track.
The signs are different for each of us. For some it may be an eating disorder, anxiety and panic attacks, or depression. For others, profound despair and apathy, or a sense of unworthiness.
All Signs Point In
Whatever the sign, it is telling us that we need to look within. Connecting to our inner core not only gives us the foundation for living a fully realized life, it also gives us the power to heal and transform.
Through LPT Therapy, you will be guided back to your true self. In taking that journey, you will discover that your life has precious meaning, and you are your greatest ally in healing and positive change.
LPT Therapy includes 16 modules and includes a workbook or study guide. You will be guided through the teachings at your pace and there are exercises for inner exploration and developing awareness. A range of options are offered to meet your interests and needs:
- Small groups meet once a week for about four months in an atmosphere of positive sharing, support, and confidentiality. There is individualized follow-up.
- One-on-one sessions in person are scheduled weekly for four to six months, with each session lasting 1 to 1½ hours.
- One-on-one sessions by telephone or Skype can also be arranged, regardless of where you live. However, it's helpful to meet in person before we transition to telephone.
- On-going study groups and peer support groups are offered to provide further opportunities to participate in personal growth and explore social responsibility.